- Within 2 hours after the procedure, clean brows using a q-tip. Gently wipe away the old healing balm. Lightly pat dry with tissue and using a new q-tip, re-apply healing balm to the brows.
- Make sure to apply a light layer of healing balm 2-3 times per day to brows for at least 5-7 days. Keeping the area moisturized and soothed is important for colour retention.
- Do not immerse brow area in water for 14 days. When showering, make sure to avoid face area. When cleaning or washing face, make sure to avoid brows and clean around it.
- Do not put makeup on the brow area for a minimum of 10 days. Microbladed area is an open wound, using makeup may cause infections.
- Avoid alcohol and aspirin/ibuprofen and any vitamins that may thin your blood for 24 hours.
- Brow area will feel slightly itchy as it heals and will start to lightly scab over.
- Do not peel or pick at the scabs as this can affect the outcome and pigmentation and may damage your skin! Instead, apply some ointment/healing balm!
- Normal activities can be resumed immediately, though we advise you do not go swimming, tanning or into saunas for at least 14 days.
- No face scrubs or chemical peels at least 2 weeks after.
Note: Your procedure will begin to oxidize immediately and during the next 3-4 days. This causes pigment to become darker. Don’t be alarmed! Color will fade and soften anywhere from 40% to 60%.
At the touch up we will fine tune any area that has faded too much. Healing is specific to each client. It is important to realize that you will need a colour boost every 2 years to maintain the fresh natural appearance.
If you have any questions or concerns, please don’t be afraid to give us a shout!